whoo-hoo! here's my latest blouse that i've made. #^.^# purdy, ain't it? on this one, i wanted to make something not so, erm...long-sleeved. ^^; summer after all is coming up and i wanted something nice and cool to wear when i go out (cuz i tend to make winter clothes even when it's 300 degrees ^o^;). design-wise, i wanted something with eyelet lace to give that nice summery feel to it--and also something with a vague cross-formation, well..gothic lolita, y'know? ^__^ this time i opted for a nice plain back instead of the corset back i love so much. less is more after all.
shirt detail. lots of eyelets and minimun ribbon (surprisingly). hehe, actually i had to restrain myself from adding layers and layers of ribbon. ^^; but again, i though, "nah. less is more...etc."
AAAAANNNNNDDDDD the UG-LEH shirt that i reconstructed. >__< this one is actually one of my school blouses. i was looking at it one day and thought that the cut of the shirt and that particular collar had some potential...and turned out that i was right. =^..^=
alright....let's start with the collar. i'm actually really pleased with how the collar came out. what i did was snip the pointed ends and cut a curved outline to make the rounded edge. this is the first time i've ever done a peter-pan style style and i had problems with making it look big. soo, solution? BIG eyelet lace! also i added another button at the base of the collar. it looked kind of wierd without it there so...there ya go. details, details details... again, i'm really pleased with how it came out. <3
sleeve detail. basically, to make the sleeve just a little shorter, i flipped the edge up and sewed it to make a little tunnel thing for the ribbon to go through. added a croche with ribbon beaded trim and more eyelet lace. simple, sweet, and instant gathered sleeves with a working ribbon. nice trick to learn especially if the sleeves you're working with aren't particularly lolita-ish to begin with.
oooh, last but not least, the POCKETS! luckily the shirt that i used wasn't that used so there wasn't much discoloration when i took the pocket off. but it did leave me with a bunch of uniform holes in the shape of breast pockets. -__-; sooo, i added the same trim i used for the sleeves, this time across the breast and added vertical ones framing the buttons. added another column of eyelet lace vertically, this time below the beading trim to further disguise the little holes. this gave a nice effect to the overall appearance of the shirt and balanced out the huge lace i used on the collar. balance, baby, balance! that's what it's all about. ^o^
other pointers: this had nooo shape whatsoever. so, using the back pattern from simplicity pattern#5872 (i think), i made some darts in the back to kind of make the shirt more fitted. also, i sewed the sides a little to, again, give the blouse a more fitted look. lace around the bottom, more-so in the back (just cuz i like my shirts a bit fancy). also, i made the bottom flare out a little by adding some extra fabric on the side to compensate for my poofy skirts.
well, there ya go. ^__^ hope this helped some of you lolis and now i'm on to my next project! ta-ta! =^.^=V
crossposted here and to my personal journal.