In light of all the recent wardrobe posts, it appears that a lot of us have been taking inventory of personal clothing collections and looking for the official brand pictures. Which we all know, can be quite a daunting/impossible task even using the wayback machine.
There is a large number of the active community that hoard brand pictures of stuff they have/like/want. So I had another (potentially good or bad?) idea...
Why not collect all these in one spot and possibly have a link on the side bar on EGL to make it accessible to everyone?
This is just an idea, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to make it work. So far this is what I have come up with:
• Use a photo site that lets you create albums and use keywords. We could have one album per brand and use the garment type as keyword for easy searching, OR have one album per type of garment (JSKs, Bags, etc) and have the brand name as the key word.
• Give people who have a large number of pictures access to upload their pictures directly. People who have just a few pictures to submit can email them to the keeper(s) of the photo album collection.
• Also compile a weekly or monthly list of "Looking for official brand images of items X, Y, and Z" to post on EGL.
• Upload only brand pictures that are no longer available on websites.
• I'm not suggesting we upload EVERYTHING ever put out by brands, but it would be really specifically helpful for limited prints, popular/highly sought after items.
So, opinions? Does this sound like a good idea? Would you participate? Should I STFUandGTFO?
Edit: Ok, seems like people like the idea. ANY suggestions on which would be the best place to create an account? The main requirements are SPACE and sorting options. Fotki only has 50MBs on free accounts, Photobucket has 1GB, Flickr has a bandwidth limit of 100MB of uploads per month. Alternatively, if enough people want to donate a dollar, we can set up a paid account...