I'm currently doing an essay "new journalism" style about a subculture and I chose the Lolitas! (yay!)
I hope you don't mind answering a few questions. (and sorry if these questions have been asked many times before ><)
1. How do you feel wearing Lolita clothes? (i.e. Do you feel like a precious baby-doll, or an innocent maiden, or a complete and utter fool? Are you a girl who's hiding a wounded soul behind layers and layers of beautiful clothing?)
2. Do you ever imagine yourself in the past eras and love to emerse yourself in a Victorian-ish atmosphere; is Lolita ever a true escape for you? Or just something fun?
3. How do you think others who don't know the style view you and why?
4. What did you first think of Lolita and what do you think of it now? If your thoughts about it have changed, why?
5. When you wear Lolita are you making a statement about yourself? Or do you just wear it because you think the clothes are pretty?