I was thinking this might be a pretty neat idea. Basically, if you sign up, you will be paired with someone to send a gift to. Not a JSK or anything, but a small, lolita/loliable accessory. It could be a headbow, a necklace, wristcuffs... anything cute. To give you guys ample amount of time to get the gift, I'm posting this now, but all gifts must be sent out by December 1st to get to their destinations by the holidays.
1. To participate, please fill out the form below and PM me your address.
2. You may only participate if you have positive feedback on the Loligoth DBS, Etsy, Ebay, or et cetera. You need to be able to show that you are reliable and will send out your gift.
3. All gifts must be between $20-30 USD, so they are all within the same price range.
4. All gifts must be send out by December 1st. You can send yours earlier if you prefer, but try for around the holidays.
5. Handmade things are allowed and encouraged, so long as it would be in the same price range specified.
6. Please include a short handwritten note in with your gift! ^^;.
7. You can get multiple small gifts as long as they total to within the price range!
8. Once you've been approved to participate (aka you have good feedback and appear to be reliable), PM me your address.
9. I will close this post November 10th. If you want to participate, please comment before then. After that, I will PM you all and notify you who you will be buying for and what their style is.
Happy gifting everyone! Mods, please tell me if this isn't allowed and I'll delete. I just thought it would be a good idea.
Comments will be screened for the ~suspense!
We have an exciting addition to Angelic Pretty's Wonderland Tea Party at PMX! American accessory designer Tarina Tarantino will be attending as a special celebrity guest.
PS - A few people have reported that the e-mail gone into their spam filter, so I would check there if you don't see it.
( Collapse )
Today I went to check the status of my order on Milanoo and a noticed my order was no longer in the section "Orders in Progress" so I thought hey maybe they finished it like they said that they were going to do and clicked on the "Completed Orders" section only to be slightly disappointed to see that it was not in that section either. Last I had heard from Milanoo staff was that they had asked for a little bit more time to send my item out. I so I waited, with an open paypal claim for protection. Today I found my order in the "Invalid Order" section of their website and found a full refund in my paypal account. However, they did not contact me in anyway -- last I had heard from the staff I was giving them a few more days to finish my item, but there you have the nature of type of customer service Milanoo seems to provide.
I am glad I got the refund but I would have much rather gotten the item I paid for within any of their three promised time frames. For me, truly the biggest problem with Milanoo is their communication to their customer. I had to seek out information from them and the information I received always conflicted with what I had been told previously even to the end of my experience with Milanoo.
First real post/question on here...
I was hoping for a bit of advice from the Comm as a whole.
You see, I have cerebral palsy, which has caused a few unique challenges for my loli wardrobe. The leg tape is easy to cover, and the cane (rarely used, thankfully) I can deal with, but my support gloves are causing a bit of frustration.
Is there any way possible to loli-fy these garish necessities to work with my Gothic/Kuro wardrobe and not seem too mismatched or shoddy?
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you. <3
What are you doing for the New Year?
Right now, I'm in the midst of planning an overnight meetup at the fabulous Ryan Mansion of Galena. The mansion is a lovely bed-and-breakfast located in the charming town of Galena, IL. In the past I've hosted a full springtime meetup as well as a holiday getaway in Galena and all attendees have enjoyed themselves quite a bit.
Currently there are some spots open in the Ryan Mansion and at the sister bed-and-breakfast Annie Wiggins, which is just down the road and equally lovely.
The meetup is scheduled for December 30th to January 3rd, allowing plenty of time to arrive, relax, and depart. Among other activities I have planned: a full afternoon tea, champagne toast at New Year's, shopping and fun, a formal dinner, and perhaps more! (Galena has hot air balloon rides AND horse drawn sleighs so those are possibly in the works)
Room costs for the four nights with tax and full breakfast included range from $280 to $450, based on double occupancy. Yes, that's right FOUR nights with a delicious full breakfast at cheaper-than-hotel rates. And trust me, the rooms are gorgeous.
If you feel that you would be interested in making this event a part of your New Year's plans AND you are seriously interested in coming, please comment. Please try to only comment if you are seriously interested in coming because I'm trying to get an idea as a planner about how much interest there is in such a meeting.
Answers to questions that will probably come up:
1) Yes significant others are welcome. So are non-Lolita friends, provided they dress nicely to formal events such as afternoon tea.
2) Room cost is double occupancy. So costs for the full room are times two.
3) You are responsible for your own transport to and from the event. I'm personally going to ask a friend to let me carpool with them and split gas :)
4) Yes, this is over New Year's and if you can only stay until the 2nd that's not a problem. If you want to come for part of the meetup, that's fine. I'm just trying to give the inn as much business as possible since they've been so nice to us.
We would like to announce that Harajuku Hearts will be at PMX 2009 as one of the Exhibitors in the Exhibit Hall!!
Sorry for the late announcement... but we recently got our official booth number.
We will be at space number 105!!
I was wondering if you're a member here! It might be a bit of a long shot, but I might as well take a chance!
TEA PARTY WITH AOKI MISAKO IN BARCELONA
October 28 at 19:00 to 21 : 00
HOTEL AVENIDA PALACE
Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes, 605 - 08,007 Barcelona Salon Parrilla（The holding salon name of the event）
the instructions to participate at the event are on the blog.
I've been an on/off lolita for quite a few years now, but lately something has been brought to my attention.
I am not only a fan of lolita fashion, but I'm also into Japanese punk and Visual Kei, which have been my "reason for being" (a little exaggerated) since middle school;
which brings me to my thought:
I've seen quite a few VK musicians dress in lolita, but most of the time, despite that they look adorable, there is something about them that screams "something is wrong here but I don't know what it is."
A friend of mine suggested that it's probably their flamboyant hair colors or body mods, both of which I have. She also suggested that it might be because they are guys, but what about Mana in his loli prime?
Anyway, recently, I've been very much into Lolita fashion again. I have preordered a dress from Meta's "sweets time" series, but just about a week before that, the day after my birthday, I got my lip pierced (snakebites).
What has really gotten on my mind lately is "will my piercings make me look wrong? Will I look wrong if I get into cutesy dress with candy on it, but with a loop and a spike through my lip?"
Not only that, but at the moment, my hair is three different colors: blonde, pink, and brown.
All of this brings me to the following:
- Can a lolita look cute with unusual piercings (other than earlobes) and/or tattoos?
- Can a lolita look cute with flamboyant hair?
- Are body mods on lolitas common? If so, do any members of egl have body mods? [feel free to post pics]
Then I saw this!: http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=acc%5Fnecklace&product%5Fid=1069859960&Page=all
I flipped out. 8D No, it's not anywhere near a Sugary Carnival invasion and it's not even that sweet, but still! Look at it! Utterly non-loli people are going to be buying rocking-horse charms, and that's beautiful. (And kinda funny, to me.)
So, my question to you: What's the most shockingly Loli thing you've found in an off-brand store?
(And are rocking-horses a totally common thing that I've somehow missed all these years? Because, if so: awesome.)
I'm not sure if I'm going myself but in case i do go, it'd be nice to see some lolis there. :D
(please delete if inappropriate)
( Collapse )