Greetings from one of the mods over at egl_comm_art
We're a community based around Lolita artwork, a friendly place to post your work and get helpful critiques (or if you just want to share artwork you did without fear of being torn apart by the non-art community ;)). As always, we're welcoming all skill levels, and all levels of completion for posted pieces (you can't post sketches on egl
, but you sure can over at egl_comm_art
I've added a new tag for commissionable artists! Each member has to create an intro before posting their art to the community, and one of the fields in the intro is asking if the artist is available for commissions. Each of these intros is tagged !commissionable. If anyone is looking for commissions, go ahead and check out our artists!
In addition to being a great place to show off your mad art skillz and ask for help and suggestions, one of the things that we're doing to keep the community active is having art contests!Congratulations to our latest winner
for June's theme Fanart: carbonidiot
with Graveyard Rose
! Their piece will become part of the new layout soon (as soon as Finch gets to it ^^*).
Thank you to all of you that came over to vote for a winner!New contest - Lolita Fashion Police!
- Everyone knows Lolita has a TON of rules, and everyone knows from browsing egl
that there's a LOT of "That's not Lolita!". So the task for this one would be to display this somehow, very obviously. It can be anything from a Lolita version of a police officer, dressed like she's going to go bust some people who's skirts break the rules, to someone who's deliberately breaking the rules (I'm picturing a Lolita with a ruler and a pair of scissors, hacking her skirt to be above the 4" mark), or a combination (a member of the Lolita Fashion Police busting someone for their fashion wrongdoing).
- Entries must include a picture fitting in with the above description, a Lolita Fashion Police badge, and an icon featuring said badge.
- The winner will receive a three month minimum feature in the community profile, as well as a garment (to be discussed between the winner and wonderfinch
) with their Lolita Fashion Police badge embroidered on it.
- Deadline for submissions is September 30th at midnight (PST)Please see the original post for more information!Other currently running competitions:July theme - Elements
- Deadline for submissions: July 28th at midnight (PST)
- Prize: Winning piece will be adapted into the community layoutContest #2 - LOLitas
- Deadline for submissions: August 31 at midnight (PST)
- Prize: Winner will receive a wood-burned jewelry box commissioned by evilcatsterer
and a feature in the community layout
As always, if anyone has any items they wish to donate as a contest prize, please contact evilcatsterer
! One of us would be happy to do a commission for you as a thank you for donating. ^^You must be a member in order to enter any of the contests
(obviously). If you're interested in becoming a member, please see our community rules here