Alright, so a loooong time ago, September 2008 to be exact, I made a post on egl about a lolita quilt I intended to make for my clothing technology class at college (thanks for your ideas and inspiration, by the way!)
Since then, I ran out of time to submit my quilt to class, used a few panels from this project to make a smaller quilt which was enough to gain NCEA qualifications, and then continued working on my larger project at home during the Christmas break.
And as of a week ago, my quilt is finally complete! The concept of a quilt sounds rather simple - just lots of patches sewn together. However, it is a very time consuming process, in particular the appliques.
Despite not being as punctual as I would have liked in having the quilt completed, I still managed to finish it in time to bring it with me to university for my very first semester - which was my main goal after all.
( Collapse )