mimo_chi wrote in egl 😯confused

Staring a Comm

Hey everyone, I was hoping I could get some advice.

I live all the way in The Bahamas. There's a good interest in Lolita here, many of my friends love the style, but there isn't much of a community. I've started a Facebook page to kind of gather together the like-minded people on the internet here, but the difficult part is getting people to participate.

I've set up about 3-4 mini meetups, but only 3-4 people even show up (myself included). It's a little disheartening for me. I've tried contests and games and such, but people just like the pictures I find and share from the internet.

I want the page to be less like a blog (me talking into the internet) and be more like a community (people talking to each other).

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try to make te other members want to be more active?