Is this a real IW dress? (Solved ! Thank you !!)
Edit:
A big thank you to all those who came to my aid ! I have found the brand label - not on the bodice, not under the shirring, but UNDER the wash and care tab, somewhere along the skirt lining. So I guess the dress is legit after all ! *relief* I feel so dorky now ! To those who may buy second-hand dresses and notice the label missing, do check for the care label and the skirt lining before exploding into anxiousness :)
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if those who have experience with IW or Y!J auction could help me with this ?
I purchased a fairy-tale print (童話柄 JSK) IW dress from Yahoo Auction recently. The auctioneer, said this was a brand new dress from IW. She had pretty stable positive reviews, so I saw no reason for suspicion. But when I received it, I wasn't so sure if it was real. The IW brand label is absent from the inside of the dress, and the materials seems thinner than my other IW dresses'. I have never seen a label-less IW dress...
I was wondering if anyone with the same dress could take a look at these pictures below? Does your dress look like this too? And for those who have more experience with brand dresses - Is it normal for dresses to have missing tabs? Could it be a b-grade item, or something from a lucky pack?
Also, for those who had have experience with Japanese auctions - what is the likelihood of something like this happening, and are there any actions I can take if this is indeed a counterfeit?
Thanks in advance !







A big thank you to all those who came to my aid ! I have found the brand label - not on the bodice, not under the shirring, but UNDER the wash and care tab, somewhere along the skirt lining. So I guess the dress is legit after all ! *relief* I feel so dorky now ! To those who may buy second-hand dresses and notice the label missing, do check for the care label and the skirt lining before exploding into anxiousness :)
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if those who have experience with IW or Y!J auction could help me with this ?
I purchased a fairy-tale print (童話柄 JSK) IW dress from Yahoo Auction recently. The auctioneer, said this was a brand new dress from IW. She had pretty stable positive reviews, so I saw no reason for suspicion. But when I received it, I wasn't so sure if it was real. The IW brand label is absent from the inside of the dress, and the materials seems thinner than my other IW dresses'. I have never seen a label-less IW dress...
I was wondering if anyone with the same dress could take a look at these pictures below? Does your dress look like this too? And for those who have more experience with brand dresses - Is it normal for dresses to have missing tabs? Could it be a b-grade item, or something from a lucky pack?
Also, for those who had have experience with Japanese auctions - what is the likelihood of something like this happening, and are there any actions I can take if this is indeed a counterfeit?
Thanks in advance !







