mayacha_chan wrote in egl

Metamorphose Sweet Cherry JSK review (a lot of pics)

Yay! My first lolita dress ever finally arrived! I decided to buy this dress after I had been looking at it for a while in the sale section. Its price had been around 11.500 yen which compared to normally priced JSKs was like 50% off. Which seemed a nice bargain and I also found this dress immensly cute!
sweetcherry


I ordered the dress on 23rd december. Meta sent confirmation email immediately, and after like 3 days the dress got shipped! Provided tracking number and everything, the dress arrived in Amsterdam on the 2nd january 2014 and got delivered 4th jan (boo customs :c ). Anyway, no problems there, so lets get to the pics!

Standard Meta package
20140105_220147_640x480
20140105_220157_640x480

And the good old Meta bag-ception
20140105_220544_640x480

And the jsk itself!
20140105_220723_640x480

20140105_220919_640x480
20140105_220943_640x480
20140105_221135_640x480
20140105_221144_640x480

20140105_221310_640x480

Skirt was nicely lined. The fabric is also quite thin, but it is supposed to be a summer dress and I am actually glad its not super-thick.
20140105_221324_640x480
20140105_221333_640x480
20140105_221349_640x480
20140105_221518_640x480

All three bows are detachable.
20140105_221537_640x480



And the shirring on the back.

When I actually was buying the dress, I wasn´t expecting to be able to fit it. I did read about Meta being plus-size friendly, but their provided size of the dress wasnt looking too promising. Anyway, it was on lolibrary listed as:
Bust:92, Waist: 72, Length:72.8 + lace.

But what I was greatly surprised about was that even with my measurements (99cm bust and 89 waist) I actually was able to put it on! (even without the help of the zipper). It didn´t look very flattering on me, thats true, but the fact of being able to put it on was a great surprise for me. This definitely encourages me to buy more "normal" sized lolita clothes without full-shirring etc (at least from Meta).

20140105_221557_640x480
20140105_221601_640x480
20140105_221608_640x480

Also, a zipper. I wish i found this out sooner, before I (actually managed to) put the dress purely over my head and waist.
20140105_222033_640x480
20140105_222039_640x480


The version I got was the mini one. This dress also had a "long" version, with the skirt being about 10 cm longer. I am 160cm tall (5 ft3) and the mini version hits me just underneath my knees.
20140105_223111_640x480
20140105_223135_640x480
20140105_223336_640x480

conclusion:
product: 5/5

Definitely looks lovely, even more irl than on the stock picture. Also the mint green is very nice. I took the pics in the evening with no daylight so the quality is not th ebest, nor does it really reflect the real color. But Meta´s stock picture captures it pretty much the best.

shipping 5/5
shipped really quickly despite ordering during the xmas period and Meta´s announcement that they had delays with shipping because of a huge amount of orders.

service 5/5
nothing really to say here, payment went smooth plus immediate response from Meta

Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this (pretty much just pic dump) review, maybe this will help someone for future reference when either buying smaller dresses or ordering similar ones from Meta or compare it to other brand. I got my second Meta package on the way where I got a pair of gloves and a blouse so I guess I´ll be doing another review soon. (yay for sales, but also probably the last order as dammit customs! >.> )

Also if anyone was wondering, the total order price (shipping included) was 14.245 yen, and I had to pay 37,24 euro for customs.