shirobeans wrote in egl 😴sleepy

Listens: Forbidden act - Vampire Knight OST

Questions for Lolita seamstresses

Hi guys! :)

Now, I'm curious. After ordering Christmas presents from a Lolita seamstress, it got me thinking: I'm a lifestyle Lolita (pretty much). I love sewing and embroidary (and I'm not too shabby at it, without sounding like I'm blowing my own trumpet), I love designing dresses and blouses and skirts, I'm studying art in college at the moment and incorperating Lolita in to my projects in any ways I can.

How could I start my own little "brand"? -If I'm honest, I'm not 100% sure if that's the right term-

Do you need a certain qualification to become a Lolita seamstress, or is it all experience?
Do you need any special equipment?
How do people find out about you?
Is it possible to make a living from this?

This is something I would love to turn in to a career, so any advice is greatly appreciated :)