Hygiene and the Lolita
So, secrets on behind-the-bows came out recently. Amidst them was a secret about personal hygiene.
This one, to be exact:
Basic hygiene is always important for anyone, and it has always been emphasized in the Lolita community.
However, after I made the comment that I don't wear deodorant*, quite a few anons seemed rather appalled by the thought and told me they were putting me on their "Do not buy from" list. I'm not surprised that this garnered some negative (and rather crass) feedback due to the nature of the community.
So, my questions for you are as follows:
- Do you agree with OP that doing all of these things will make a big difference in your outfit?
- Have you ever neglected to wear deodorant; either in Lolita or other clohing?
- Would you really refuse to buy someone if you knew they didn't wear deodorant?
For me, being hygenic is important but I'm just not understanding why it seems to be such a bad thing to not wear deodorant.
Please, feel free to discuss and ask questions.
*I take a shower everyday, shave my underarms and use antiperspirant powder to keep my underarms dry, I don't run marathons in my Lolita clothes and I clean them regularly.
