Hello everyone! As some of you maybe already know, we're planning on the possible move of EGL from LJ. You can read laiferr's original post here. If you want to know more about the project (which is just in the early beginning, nothing is settled) visit EGL_FORUM ! if you have some ideas, suggestion - whatever please post them there. If you want to help out with web designing, development, organazing... you name it it's the place to go!
If we move, we'd like to take the chance to register a domain name for the project. A domain name is basically the adress where the site is located. right now we're on egl.livejournal.com, but with our own it'd be without .livejournal, and whatever name we please (that's not taken). Then we can have .com / .net / .org (or any other ending) as we like. A domain name does cost a little money, but it's a very small fee, about $10-20 / year.
The community is for the us members, and who should decide how a domain-name should be but us? We could have a name with egl in it, or something completely different. EGL is really nice and quick to say and refer to "Yeah I saw that on EGL!" or "Yesterday on EGL I made a post about socks." Thought it can be a bit confusing with "Elegant gothic lolita" and blah blah blah. You guys sure now the deal! http://www.eglcommunity.com/ might be available for us, but it's not sure at all yet.
Let's get going! I thought that doing a poll when we've collected ideas from everyone so it will be a fair chance for everybody! ALL ideas are welcome! You can use https://domize.com/ to see if a domain name already is taken!
Important edit: using lolita or loli might not work out, as there's filters (school/work/etc) and such that blocks out those terms.
But keep these things in mind
- The name should be in English
- Has to be related to the fashion (great ways to do this is using EGL, rori, frills, bows - anything that makes you think of lolita)
- Style neutral. We want something that can represent the whole lolita fashion, at least. No "Sweetlolita.com" or "classicloli.com"
- Easy to say and write.
- The shorter the better! And abbreviation is also great! ("frillybowfashionlolicommunity.com" is to long!)
- It should be something you feel can represent the whole community, without being to misleading.