Reviving Loli_Able, or another Comm
Hello everyone!!
I'm back! I wanted to thank everyone who showed interest in a community for Lolitas who have physical or mental disabilities!!
I'm not sure if you remember me, but I posted with some questions a few days ago:
Here is the link to that page! Click here!
The response was overwhelming!! (And I'm sorry I haven't gotten to everyone personally) There seems to be a great need for a revival of
loli_able or a creation of new community. I have, following the advice of the estimable
dhfunk, PM'd all of the mods for
loli_able. So far, I have gotten one response, but I will let you know when and if I get more.
kesson_shojo is still active, although she says that the other mods may not be.
She is very brave, and undergoing treatment right now that makes it hard for her to communicate. Please feel better!
Hopefully, we can help her to revive it!
I wanted to get some opinions on a few things. Obviously, we can't all be mods. Seeing as the old mods retired, we need some new blood to get this thing off the ground and into the air. I wanted to ask the community of all of you about people you think might make good leaders.
So, in the spirit of the April EGL theme, volunteering, would you please nominate or volunteer some people you would look to for support or you would stand behind, for moderators? Are you one of the people who would do a good job? Please come foward!
Every one of you are courageous simply to speak up and want to help your fellow Lolitas. Whether you are sick physically, mentally or are just supporting those who are, all of you are noble, strong, and kind. Please show support for those you think would do a good job.
I hope this doesn't come across as presumptuous, but if you would put your faith in me, I would do my best to help. However, I am very new to LJ, and though I have good intentions, not many of you know me enough to trust me. So, I am equally glad to simply facilitate. My PM and friendslist is always open, so drop me a line if you wish. Same with my journal, though I have not written anything on there. I will, though, so anyone can comment and ask questions. Conversely, I will also remove my nose from this business if it gets too nosy. Please let me know.
However, I would like to give a shout out to
tourmalineroses, who, through her friendship with a cancer patient, and her caring nature as a person, wrote these two articles that I would like to put up for everyone to comment and view:
Chronically Ill and Wearing Lolita (Both Physical and Mental)
Meet Up Survival Guide for the Socially Nervous
Although she is not a cancer patient herself, she supports those who are, and continues to be a good friend to those who are ill. People who don't have the same illness as their friends, or those that have no illness at all, yet remain friends to those who do are rare. As many of you know, this is a very courageous and hard thing to do; many of us have lost friends who didn't understand or could not take the effort needed to remain friends. I wanted to commend people like this, who remain our pillars of strength.
So please volunteer those who could be pillars of strength to the community. Or volunteer yourself! I would love to see people from many different illnesses come forward. That way, we will be well-rounded and everyone has someone they can talk to. Thank you to all of you who showed interest and commented. Without you, this path would not have opened up!
I wish you all less pain, less depression, less anguish, and good health!!
~Atlas
Edit 1: Fixed some wording and it finally let me do a cut. I fixed the wording so that it wasn't as awkward.
I'm back! I wanted to thank everyone who showed interest in a community for Lolitas who have physical or mental disabilities!!
I'm not sure if you remember me, but I posted with some questions a few days ago:
Here is the link to that page! Click here!
The response was overwhelming!! (And I'm sorry I haven't gotten to everyone personally) There seems to be a great need for a revival of
loli_able or a creation of new community. I have, following the advice of the estimable
loli_able. So far, I have gotten one response, but I will let you know when and if I get more.She is very brave, and undergoing treatment right now that makes it hard for her to communicate. Please feel better!
Hopefully, we can help her to revive it!
I wanted to get some opinions on a few things. Obviously, we can't all be mods. Seeing as the old mods retired, we need some new blood to get this thing off the ground and into the air. I wanted to ask the community of all of you about people you think might make good leaders.
So, in the spirit of the April EGL theme, volunteering, would you please nominate or volunteer some people you would look to for support or you would stand behind, for moderators? Are you one of the people who would do a good job? Please come foward!
Every one of you are courageous simply to speak up and want to help your fellow Lolitas. Whether you are sick physically, mentally or are just supporting those who are, all of you are noble, strong, and kind. Please show support for those you think would do a good job.
I hope this doesn't come across as presumptuous, but if you would put your faith in me, I would do my best to help. However, I am very new to LJ, and though I have good intentions, not many of you know me enough to trust me. So, I am equally glad to simply facilitate. My PM and friendslist is always open, so drop me a line if you wish. Same with my journal, though I have not written anything on there. I will, though, so anyone can comment and ask questions. Conversely, I will also remove my nose from this business if it gets too nosy. Please let me know.
However, I would like to give a shout out to
Chronically Ill and Wearing Lolita (Both Physical and Mental)
Meet Up Survival Guide for the Socially Nervous
Although she is not a cancer patient herself, she supports those who are, and continues to be a good friend to those who are ill. People who don't have the same illness as their friends, or those that have no illness at all, yet remain friends to those who do are rare. As many of you know, this is a very courageous and hard thing to do; many of us have lost friends who didn't understand or could not take the effort needed to remain friends. I wanted to commend people like this, who remain our pillars of strength.
So please volunteer those who could be pillars of strength to the community. Or volunteer yourself! I would love to see people from many different illnesses come forward. That way, we will be well-rounded and everyone has someone they can talk to. Thank you to all of you who showed interest and commented. Without you, this path would not have opened up!
I wish you all less pain, less depression, less anguish, and good health!!
~Atlas
Edit 1: Fixed some wording and it finally let me do a cut. I fixed the wording so that it wasn't as awkward.