Dry Cleaning Vs Hand-washing in Machine
I've recently made the switch from largely Bodyline to 100% brand, and I find myself terrified when it comes to how I should have these items washed.
I've heard a lot of people swear by dry cleaning, and warn others that they risk ruining their items in the washing machine. And yet, I've heard horror stories about items being ruined by dry cleaners, and that if you have a hand-wash cycle on your washing machine, that's the best way to go.
Can anyone offer some insight here? I'll be needing to wash an Angelic Pretty Honey Cake OP (plus the socks), a pink x white AP JSK, and Metamorphose blouse pretty soon here in time for a convention. I just don't know what to do! The handwash cycle is really gentle, but again, I've heard people insist that the only way to wash brand - particularly prints - is by dry cleaning.
I'd appreciate any tips/advice you can give me. The last thing I want to do is ruin my dream dress. x_x I have been looking through the memories for advice, and reading different opinions, but I wouldn't mind hearing more. I also can't find any confirmation that the Honey Cake print doesn't run.
I've heard a lot of people swear by dry cleaning, and warn others that they risk ruining their items in the washing machine. And yet, I've heard horror stories about items being ruined by dry cleaners, and that if you have a hand-wash cycle on your washing machine, that's the best way to go.
Can anyone offer some insight here? I'll be needing to wash an Angelic Pretty Honey Cake OP (plus the socks), a pink x white AP JSK, and Metamorphose blouse pretty soon here in time for a convention. I just don't know what to do! The handwash cycle is really gentle, but again, I've heard people insist that the only way to wash brand - particularly prints - is by dry cleaning.
I'd appreciate any tips/advice you can give me. The last thing I want to do is ruin my dream dress. x_x I have been looking through the memories for advice, and reading different opinions, but I wouldn't mind hearing more. I also can't find any confirmation that the Honey Cake print doesn't run.
