Sewing/Altering question: Fabric and advice
Hi, everyone! I have just started getting together my wardrobe, and I've hit a tiny snag. Any advice would be appreciated.
One thing I've received thus far is a beautiful Bodyline striped corset skirt that I want to build a Steampunk outfit around. (It's this one in a brown color scheme.) My problem is the corset portion is too tight for my waist. Ideally, I'd like to find the fabrics used (or as close of a match as possible) and add a panel or two to the corset so it fits my waist.
So here are my main questions:
~Is it possible to find the fabrics used by Bodyline to make the skirt in the first place? (I would simply buy another skirt and cannibalize it for fabric, but the color I own doesn't appear on the site).
~If it's not possible to find the exact fabric, any tips for finding/using fabric that would be close?
~Any general tips on how to go about altering the corset piece?
Thanks, everyone!
ETA: Thanks everyone who has replied so far! I've gotten some good ideas, and I'll definitely check into all of them to see what would work best!
One thing I've received thus far is a beautiful Bodyline striped corset skirt that I want to build a Steampunk outfit around. (It's this one in a brown color scheme.) My problem is the corset portion is too tight for my waist. Ideally, I'd like to find the fabrics used (or as close of a match as possible) and add a panel or two to the corset so it fits my waist.
So here are my main questions:
~Is it possible to find the fabrics used by Bodyline to make the skirt in the first place? (I would simply buy another skirt and cannibalize it for fabric, but the color I own doesn't appear on the site).
~If it's not possible to find the exact fabric, any tips for finding/using fabric that would be close?
~Any general tips on how to go about altering the corset piece?
Thanks, everyone!
ETA: Thanks everyone who has replied so far! I've gotten some good ideas, and I'll definitely check into all of them to see what would work best!
