As you've noticed we haven't changed our banner for October yet. We still need art submissions so please read below on how to enter your art for October's Banner Contest.
All members are welcomed and encouraged to submit their artwork to be featured in the header image for a month.
- Your submitted work must feature either a lolita, or be strongly lolita related. We no longer have a mascot.
- You may enter two entries per month.
- You do not have to create new work for the contest, though it would certainly be appreciated!
- Any style is welcome- anime, realistic, 3D, collage, etc.
- Entries should be sent on either a blank background (.psd or .png file) or on a white background
There is no size requirement, but your submission should be at least 285px tall. We will usually resize and crop the image down to a portrait, so please keep that in mind.
So, how does the theme work into all this?
From the winning artwork, we will choose an aesthetic and a general theme from the Theme suggestion post.
You don't need to have a theme in mind when creating your artwork, but if you want to send along some suggestions with your art then feel free.
To submit your artwork for the contest, you will need to have your entry in by October 9, 2011. We know this isn't a lot of time but we didn't have an official contest last month so if you would like to post those submissions, we will gladly accept them.
We will poll the submissions on October 10, 2011 and run it until October 12, 2011 . Whichever art has the most votes will be featured in the new banner!
To enter, please send your artwork to eglfeedback[at]gmail.com with the subject "October Banner Contest Submission". Make sure to include the following:
- Your LJ user name
- A a website/DeviantArt link or anywhere people can go and check out your work
- An answer to the following question: If your art piece doesn't get chosen for this month, would you like us to automatically submit this banner art for next month's banner contest?
If you do not receive a reply from us, then we did not receive your email! If you are unsure if we received your entry, send a message to xaynie via LiveJournal.
We will continue to receive artwork for the sales community, however there will not be a contest every month- we'll simply rotate art out however often we receive shopping-themed art specifically for that community.
Thanks everyone and we apologize for the tardiness of this contest.