September 25 to October 2brought to you by xaynie & colortheory
Hot Topics in the Lolita Blogosphere!
- Frills-R-Us, a new Lolita Fashion auction website, opens its doors
- The IW Oddments lucky packs were stacked with some amazing loot
- Anniversary Tea Party: Angelic Pretty San Francisco to celebrate its first birthday with Special Guests Maki and Asuka
- Antique Beast releases some Halloween appropriate headwear. Their witch hat is so cool. (Yes, this belongs in the Brand Releases section but we don’t follow them enough to list everything. If you would like to be their “brand ambassador” for this newsletter, read below)
- H.Naoto is celebrating its grand opening in San Francisco on October 7. Designer Naoto Hirooka is scheduled to appear
- Night of Masquerade Bustier - too bad there is only beige left :-( navy was my fave
- Night of Masquerade Short Sleeve Dress
- Night of Masquerade Skirt
- Swan Plate Wallet (Enamel) - Reservation
- Swan Plate Wallet - Reservation
- Lesson Bag with Swan Plate - Reservation
- Lesson Bag with Swan Plate (Enamel) - Reservation
- Belted Engineer Boots (Black) - Reservation
- Belted Engineer Boots (Off White)
- Belted Engineer Boots (Pink)
- Belted Engineer Boots (Enamel)
- Belted Engineer Boots (Enamel) (Wine)
- CL/Princess Tuck Flared Coat (Cross Stitch Check)
- CL/Princess Tuck Flared Coat (Solid Color)
- CL/Heart-shaped Ribbon Coat
- Dolly Bustle Ribbon Coat
- Teddy Pea Coat (Solid Color)
- Teddy Pea Coat (Cross Stitch Check)
- Teddy Cloak (Solid Color)
- Teddy Cloak (Stripe)
- CL/Scalloped Round Ribbon Bag (Polka Dots)
- CL/Scalloped Round Ribbon Bag (Solid Color)
- Flared Sleeve Tiered Dress (Raschel Lace)
- Halloween LP - which is sadly sold out :-(
Baby Stars / AaTP
- Summer Sale still going on; some pieces at 60% off - Sorry if it’s looking a little empty, some of your friendly neighborhood mods may have gone on a wild shopping spree.
- 135★048 Marchin'Chocolate Cookie Apron - This looks so odd but wonderfinch thinks it's amazing. What does everyone else think?
- 135★980 Regimental Olivia head bow
- 107P225 Twilight Circus jumper skirt Ⅰ
- 107P329 Regimental one piece dress
- 107P331 Twilight Circus one piece dress
- 107P334 Cafe stripe vest
- 107P624 King's Pants
- 107P721 Square lace cut and sewn
- 107P974 Marine tassel broach
- 107P978 JOKER pearl ribbon comb
Angelic Pretty (please keep in mind these are google translations from their Japanese site so the translations might be a little bit off / funny)
- Petit Patisserie series is released
- 112C9-5127 Classic Sailor Coat
- 112C10-5129 School Girl Coat
- 112C10-5132 Odekake Hooded Coat
- 112O9-3515 Odekake Ribbon Chiffon Dress
- 112J9-2643 Odekake Ribbon Chiffon Jumper Skirt
- 112KC9-8527Odekake Chiffon Ribbon Headband
- 112BG9-18244 Jewel Ribbon Heart Bag
- 112BG10-18246 Lyrical Bunny Face Pouch
- 112BG10-18247 Shy Bear Pouch Face
- 112Sh-19324 Girly Heart Heel Boule - these boots are cute - In addition to sweet, AP does classic well!
We are looking for “brand ambassadors”- members who can give us brand release updates for the brands above in addition to ones we don’t have listed above! If you are constantly clicking on the refresh button for new Angelic Pretty releases, then you’re exactly who we’re looking for. Please contact xaynie for more details.
Tutorial of the WeekSewing a Victorian Bustle Skirt. This tutorial is very easy to follow with pictures and diagrams (and doesn’t get enough love). The tutorial can be used to make more classic skirts like this one. If you create something using the tutorial, please share it with the community!
Community Related News & Discussions
- We have new mods, refined main comm rules to include consequences, revamped the memories section and more!
- Laiferr, a long time admin of the community has decided to say goodbye to her position we will surely miss her
- Please vote for this newsletter’s new name, otherwise, xaynie will name it “The Weekly Ruffle (horrible pun intended).” - seriously, I (xaynie) will
- The sales community rules have been modified slightly to clarify consequences and actions for the following items:
- DS/DA distinctions
- DA/GO reposts
- Shopping Service reposts
We have not, however, made any major changes to the rules- just made it a little clearer for both moderators and members how to proceed in some very specific cases. However, over the course of this week and next we will be discussing and implementing further clarifications to the 75/25 rule and the process of applying for un-moderated posting access. Please keep an eye out for these changes!
- We have a huge backlog of over 2000+ feedbacks to add. As we work through this, please be patient with us.
Some Questions for the Community
This is our first Beta issue so we would love to hear your comments on how we could improve. Does everyone want brand updates? Is it too much, too little, or unnecessary? Should we include other brands? Is there anything else we missed that could make this even more informative?
Any comments, questions, or suggestions regarding this weekly roundup is wholly welcomed! In addition, if you have any hot topics you would like to submit, please send them to xaynie with the topic “Newsletter tip”. We can’t guarantee that every submission will be posted but we know we can’t scour the entire Lolita blogosphere without your help so please submit away!