So as some of you might know, I'm hosting a group order for Bodyline right now over at egl_group_order
I hosted a BL GO not long ago, and saw that at certain times, BL shipping would increase when you added something, but some other things wouldn't increase the shipping price. I called it "price spikes" where at a certain weight that's when the shipping price would increase, but I never knew at which point would there be a price spike. So I sat down tonight and tried to figure it out.
Using a pair of false lashes (which weighted 4 grams, according to BL) and a pair of OTK socks (weighted 80 grams), I sat down and tried to figure out at what weight BL would do a "price spike". My findings are below.
Keep in mind this is ONLY FOR EMS SHIPPING TO USA. I didn't bother with the other methods of shipping, or to other countries, just EMS from BL to USA. Also keep in mind that this weight INCLUDES the shipping carton weight, which is 50g.
0g - 299g = $17
300g - 499g = $21 (+3)
500g- 599g = $24 (+3)
600g - 699g = $27 (+3)
700g - 799g = $29 (+2)
800g - 899g = $32 (+3)
900g - 999g = $34 (+2)
1000g - 1249g = $40 (+6)
1250g - 1499g =$46 (+6)
1500g - 1749g =$51 (+5)
1750g - 1999g = $57 (+6)
2000g - 2499g = $67 (+10)
2500g - 2999g = $77 (+10)
3000g - 3499g =$87 (+10)
3500g - 3999g =$97 (+10)
4000g - 4499g = $107 (+10)
So what does this mean?
- It means that for the first 299 grams worth of items, you have a starting price of $17. From 300 grams to 499 grams on you pay $21, an additional $3 increase from the shipping price before it, so on and so forth.
- From 500 grams till 999 grams, about every 100 grams is an additional $3 increase (except the lines bolded.)
- From 1000 grams till 1999 grams, about every 250 grams it's an additional $6 increase (except one bolded line)
- From 2000 grams till beyond (I didn't bother to go beyond 4499 grams lol, may fix this later), about every 500 grams is an additional $10 increase.
- If you do your math, that means that for items worth 500 grams to 999 grams, every 100 grams of items is worth about $3 to ship. $3 divided by 100 grams equals $0.04 per gram. From 1000 grams till 1999 grams, every 250 gram is worth $6. $6 divded by 250 grams is $0.024 per gram. And lastly, from 2000 grams onward, every 500 grams is worth $10. $10 divded by 500 grams is $0.020 per gram.
- TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ: GROUP ORDERS SAVES YOU SHIPPING FROM BL TO YOUR GROUP ORDER LEADER BECAUSE IT GETS CHEAPER PER GRAM TO SHIP THE MORE WEIGHT YOU HAVE.
- The bolded lines in the table means that it's actually cheaper per gram to pay that shipping price than the shipping price before it. For example, $27 can cover up to 699 grams. $27 divided by 699 grams = $0.0386 per gram.
So if you have something that's, shall we say, 650 grams, you might as well bump it up to 799 grams by adding a pair of OTK socks and a keychain and a pair of lashes because shipping is actually cheaper that way.
- It might help you figure out how to maximize your order. Since shipping price is the same for an order of 500 gram items, and an order of 599 grams of items, you might get to throw in a pair of socks in your order for the same shipping price.
- It might help your group order leader figure out how to maximize shipping for your group order. If all your items total 930 grams, she might ask one of you to remove a pair of socks so the GO can fall to the lower shipping price bracket and make things cheaper for EVERYONE in the GO.
I hope everyone will find this helpful!