Today I received some wonderful news! I am most likely (I am 99% sure- I just have to work out some details) going to be hosting a Lolita panel for ICON 30 this year!
ICON is a Long Island based Science Fiction and more convention that takes place on the SUNY Stony Brook campus. This year the convention takes place the weekend of April 15, and we are introducing a Lolita Panel!
I was looking for a bit of help, which is where this post comes in. I am looking for some volunteers to model for the panel either during the discussion panel, or perhaps, if I can get it approved, a full on Lolita Fashion Show. I am also looking for a co-host or two, someone to help me present all of the information at the panels. There is also talk of a workshop- I was thinking that we could teach people how to make a headbow or something. I'd need people to help for that as well. If I can manage to get a fashion show, I would be looking for Western designers who would be willing to lend us clothes for the show.
To make it easier, here are the questions I have for the community:
1. What would you like to see covered at a Lolita panel, or what have you seen at a previous panel that you thought was good?
2. If you are in the NYC/LI/willing to travel area, would you like to participate? If so, what would you like to do?
3. If we did a workshop, what do you think should be made?
4. Are you a designer? Would you be willing to submit work for us to show? (You would get everything back in the condition it was recieved.)
5. Any other comments, questions, or concerns?
I hope this post is helpful. Let me know if there is anything I should change or add.
Cross posted to egl, nyc_lolita, li_loli
PS- I wasn't sure how to tag this...