Let's see...here's a run down of what happened from start to finish.
1) I ordered and paid for my Milanoo dress on Oct 4th. It was this item but in "black floral" fabric.
2) I got an order confirmation right away. In it it says my estimated shipping date was Oct 7th, and my delivery date would be Oct 14th. Man were those BIG FAT LIES. See below.
3) I usually have my stuff shipped to my bf's address, and he got it last Saturday (Oct 24th).
4) While waiting, I sent them an email on Oct 15th to ask them where my item was and when it'll be here. They replied later the same day that they'll send tracking info when it's shipped (in their usual, polite language, of course).
5) Got the tracking info on Oct 18th. The package, in actuality, left China on Oct 20th and was handed over to US Customs on the 22nd, and then delivered on the 24th.
This it the first time I dealt with EMS, and the speed of it impressed me. So basically, my long wait was due to Milanoo's part. But I did order it in a "custom" fabric for the dress.
Anyhow, actual review in categories:
1) Communication: Fast, precise communication. Then again I didn't really ask them too many questions. They don't really talk unless you ask them something first. 4/5
2) Shipping: I had to wait quite a while, about 2 and a half weeks. But since it was from the other side of the globe, and it was "custom", I'd say the waiting time was fair. There was also that Chinese national holiday like right after I ordered, and it put them at least 3-4 days behind schedule. 4/5
3) Quality: Now here's the part I'm not sure. I suppose for $59.99, what I got was pretty fair. 3/5
And here we begin the photos part of this review.
Packaging: everything was really well packed. As you can see, the petticoat and dress came in a separate bag. Nothing was damaged. 4/5
Petticoat: It's soooo stiff! I love it! XD Came free with the dress, of course.
Dress: worn with the free petticoat under it, and nothing else. It's quite poofy on its own.
Dress: Without petticoat
Back of the dress without petticoat.
The above pics were taken with a laptop camera, so the quality isn't great.
On the outside, it looks good. But of course this wouldn't be Milanoo if it didn't have flaws. Below are some complaints I have, along with photos.
A pic of the fabric pattern:
A lot busier than the fabric swatch on the site. O yea, can anyone see the kink in the picture? It's a kink that I can't seem to smooth out on the dress, and it's located right at my midsection. I think the dark background and busy foreground will make it hard to see unless it's up close, but otherwise this slightly bothers me.
This bow came with the dress, and although it looks good, it's extremely thin. It's just fabric, with no interfacing inside at all. Really flimsy.
The back of the bow was just a pin stuck in the mid part of the bow. So if I wanted to, I can take the pin out. :\
Inside of the dress is completely unlined, making it quite thin. Thankfully the fabric is black mostly, and the skirt part will have petticoat under it, so it's not see through, but on shiro dresses this would definitely be a problem. There were also a lot of loose threads when I opened the package, making it seem kinda unprofessional.
This was my biggest complaint. The topmost "ruffle" layer is just cut off with no finish! >:C They definitely got lazy there. I also don't have a picture of it, but there are green marking lines on the underside of the ruffles. The lack of finish and the green lines aren't visible from the outside, so I'm glad. Otherwise I'd throw a fit, probably.
Without flash to show the lack of finish better.
This was also a WTF. The end of the zipper wasn't completely sewn together with the skirt part, so my finger can poke through it.
I don't have a picture of it, but I got a free Milanoo bag. I didn't even notice till I was about to throw the packing away and I was like "Ooo a bag!" It's nothing fancy, one of those recycled bags for grocery.
Conclusion: My overall experience with Milanoo was pleasant. Besides the long wait, I thought their services were acceptable. But the quality of the product...well to be honest, I'm not a picky person. Do I wish I got a better bang for my buck? For sure. But I'd like to think that the pros and cons balanced out in the end. I have low expectations for shops from China so I don't get too upset if it sucks :P Overall, I'm okay with what I got. Would I order again? Maybe if they came up group discounts and someone hosts a GO for them, or if I really just wanted the shopping rush. Otherwise, probably not.
Things I learned:
2) Do not order items with lace. This is all ruffles, and it's quite good.
3) The petticoat is nice! :D Though I suspect that it'll die after about a day of wearing it. Use it as an extra volume-adder for your other petticoats.
4) Don't order on national holiday seasons D: It was probably the biggest reason why my package came so late from the delivery time.
Feel free to post questions, comments, etc!