When: October 17th, 12pm
Where: Corner of 32nd and 5th, in front of the CVS.
What: Korean BBQ, an afternoon showing of Where the Wild Things Are, Cupcakes at the Cupcake truck, some shopping and general tomfoolery.
We’ll be meeting at the corner of 32nd st and 5th ave at about 12pm. Be weary! The empire state building is at 34th and 5th. There will be an abundance of tourists who will quite possibly want your picture. If you are not there by 12:30pm, we will be in transit to the theater to get our tickets for the movie. Meet us there if you're late.
12:30pm First stop: Tickets. We’ll be going to the AMC Loews at 34th and 8th ave. The first showing we're aiming for is the 3:10pm showing. If that is sold out, our only other choice is the 5:50pm show.
1pm Second stop: Lunch! Late lunch at Seoul Garden http://seoulgarden32.com/
Prices rage from about $8-$22 for a good lunch. Single BBQ plates start at about $20, but they give you a LOT of food, so it could easily be split. The place is semi-small, so we may be split into multiple tables. Note: not all menu options are listed on the website.
The BBQ is a bit pricey, but there are plenty of inexpensive menu options ranging from $8-$15. It’s well worth the price, though. Getting the BBQ that you actually get to cook yourself on the table is part of the experience!
Approx: 3:00pm post Lunch: Race to Theater - AMC Loews 34th Street 14 (34th and 8th)
Post Movie: Shopping/walking off lunch between 30th and 35th st. There are 2 really nice accessories stores in the neighborhood, as well as a shop that sells a ton of decoden/jewelry making supplies, then the 10 block trek to the Saturday location of the Cupcake Stop http://www.cupcakestop.com/
If by some chance it's past the hours of the truck, we can all trek up to 42nd for cupcakes at Crumbs, or stop at the bakery across the street for Seoul Garden.
$4.50 at least for your metrocard. You can gauge how much you’ll need better than I can.
$12.50 movie ticket
Extra cash for snacks/shopping if you so desire.
Other things to know
- There will be walking, so wear comfortable shoes.
- There will be the option for shopping, but it's not a MUST, so don't worry about still being broke post NYAF
- All styles are welcome. This is more of a laid back kind of meet.
- If you are interested in attending, please let me know so I can add you to my list. People on my maybe list, please confirm with me by no later than Oct 14th.
- FINAL CONFIRMATION must be made before Thursday, October 15th. If you do not confirm with me, I will assume you're a "no", and thus I won't be accounting for you. The restaurant is pretty small, so I need a good head count.
- If you need my cell phone number in case you wish to join us after lunch or after the movie, feel free to IM me or PM me.
Current Guest List