Strawberry Cupcakes from Cooking With Amy
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 large egg
6 ounces vanilla lowfat yogurt (or any other fruit flavor of yogurt) I used regular strawberry yogurt!
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. With an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg, yogurt and vanilla, blending until smooth.
2. Measure the dry ingredients into the bowl and blend, then fold in the strawberries.
3. Divide the mixture equally between the 12 paper-lined cupcake cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
4. Cool cupcakes for about 30 minutes, then frost.
Yield: 12 servings
Honey Cream Cheese Frosting from Martha Stewart
I'm not typically a fan of cream cheese frostings, but this one is divine!
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
1/4 c. honey
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
2. Add honey and beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
After frosting the cupcakes, I took some fresh, washed strawberries, sliced them in half, and placed one half onto each cupcake~ They were a big hit, I will definitely make them again!