As part of my college clothing technology course, we have to make a quilt. I'd love to make a sweet lolita 'themed' quilt that I can take with me to uni next year, but first I need to brainstorm some ideas for designs to put on it.
Here are the fabrics I'll be using for the panels...
I'm aiming to have a different applique or 'theme' going on in each panel of the quilt, so at least 42 [sweet] lolita related motifs or designs. Would you guys be able to help me add to my list? Any input is gladly appreciated :D
As with colours, or notions. I'm feeling rather unimaginative today.
1. Ribbons/Bows [3D bows rather than static]
4. Teacups [spilling tea!] and teapots
5. Candy - lollipops
11. Musical staff and notes
12. Ballet slippers
13. Story book characters - Cinderella, LRRH
14. Perfume bottles
15. Cosmetic items - hand mirror, powder puff
16. Cake, macaron, icecreams and sundaes
17. Carnival carousel theme horses
19. Locks & Keys [could be used for gothic theme quilt too!]
20. Puppies & kittens & bunnies & ducks
21. Shooting stars
23. Alice in Wonderland
24. Pastel stars
25. Flowers - daisies, roses
28. Clams with pearls
29. Parasol [lace covered for different fabric textures!]
30. Fork and spoon
31. Anchors, sailboats - nautical stripes!
I was even thinking of doing some 'pockets JSK' style monogramme embroidery on a quilt panel.
Has anyone ever made a lolita style quilt, and do you have pictures you can share with us? :3